Monday, April 12, 2010

A Blogger Returns

Is it really almost 9 months ago since I last posted here?

I can't quite believe it is that long but I guess blog dates don't lie.

Saw a few old blogger friends over on FaceBook and thought I'd just take a sentimental look at the old blog and discovered it spammed to the max! Have removed over 70 comments from the post below this and still hundreds to go on other posts.

Ghastly wretches!

I feel as if these spammers have trashed my humble little blog with their links for their pills and potions.

I bet they've left cigarette butts in the potted palms too!

Anyway - there is a silver lining to every cloud - it's bought about a burst of love and activity for the old blog. I'm filled with maternal concern for it.

So I shall spend the next few days removing spam, cobwebs and cockroaches. And if anyone remembers me, do pop by and say hello.

I'm the one with the can of 'roachkiller!

7 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Hello!! Good to see you back.

I have to admit, I was a little concerned about the cigarette butts and saki bottles lying about, but thought perhaps you were having some fun....

Welshcake said...

Bloody 'ell, Dawn! Long time no blog.

How are you??

Leah J. Utas said...

Glad to have you back, Dawn. I've missed you terribly. Good luck with the blog cleaning.

Dawn said...

Thanks for the welcome back, folks.

And if it was me having fun - there'd be no cigarette butts at all but plenty of empty bottle of a certain sparkling white and chocolate wrappers stuffed behind the cushions. I'm really quite a cheap lady to entertain.

Thomma Lyn said...

Yay, Dawn! I'm glad you're back. :)

Crabby McSlacker said...

Just when I leave blogdom, you return! I'm mostly in lurk mode these days, but will be peeking in to see what you're up to.

And I agree, the spammers are quite obnoxious! The ones at my place seem to be obsessed the all things acai.

Welcome back!

Dawn said...

Thomma Lyn - thanks for the welcome back. It's good to be back blogging.

Crabby - Yes, I raced over to your blog to discover you'd "closed shop". Is there a blog post I should read that explains all?

Or is my favorite crustacean simply wishing to add a little mystery to my life?