Sunday, May 24, 2009

Snow at Whakamaru

Well - snow on the top of Kaahu really but it was a grand sight to wake up a couple of mornings back and see a sprinkle of snow on top of the hill out the back of us.



I realize this is a total non-event for most of you who trudge round up to your armpits in snow for half the year but, for us, this only happens about once a year.

We do have decent snow falls in many places in New Zealand but not in my back yard!

It had been a very crisp frost earlier but once the sun came out was beautiful. Winter is upon us.

8 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

A lovely bit of frosting along with the frost.
Snow sets things off beautifully. Enjoy your winter.

Reb said...

What do I have to do to be able to live there? I am tired of snow up to my armpits, having it be an event would be wonderful. And who could resist that back yard view. Beautiful.

the Bag Lady said...

So, I'm hoping that if you now have winter upon you, we will no longer have snow up to our armpits.... or something like that!

Love the photo of the mountains! I'm hoping to be posting pictures of our flowers blooming.... soon.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Lovely picture. You are doing a grand job with the new camera!

Terrie

Crabby McSlacker said...

What a beautiful photo!

And I keep forgetting that seasons are reversed where you are. Seems so funny that you would be approaching winter. Funny how geo-centric I can be... I forget we're not all on the same schedule!

Dawn said...

I did feel a little embarrassed showing that image because I know that for most of you that is NOTHING. But here, that was a conversation starter.

"Hey, did you see the snow on top of Kaahu this morning." It was all the talk at the local shop!

Clare2e said...

Seeing your comment at Women of Mystery, I thought "Dawn's back!" Turns out, you've been back a month, and I've been too scatterbrained to notice : (

Keep up the lovely pictures of the gorgeous place you live!

Thomma Lyn said...

Wow, what a gorgeous picture. We get snow on our mountains, even when we don't get much in the valleys. Have a good winter, and stay nice and cozy!