Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tales from a tardy poster

I'll just sneak in to my blog and have a quick flick round with the duster so that no one will know I've been absent.

Yikes - look at all those cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and the potted palm is almost dead! Is it really almost 4 months since I last posted.

Cyber-friendship is seeing that old blog buddies still have you listed in their blog rolls even with a shameful "4 mnths" beside your name. Bless you, guys.

Hubby's operation has been a partial success. The back pain is much reduced and his mobility has increased but he has been left with a "dropped foot". We're hoping that it will improve over time as the swelling round the nerves in his spine decreases. Very disappointing as he still can't do the things he loves.

The fishing season starts this morning and he had gone off fishing with his brother. Just before he left he said "hope I can get into the boat" and I have this sad vision of him being left on the jetty because he couldn't get aboard.

So I'm hoping like mad that he can get on the boat too. It would be awful if he coudn't. He's put up with so much over the last 6 months that I feel he has "earned" a days fishing with his brother. He'll be home tonight so, fingers crossed, he comes home with a big smile and a bag full of fish.

My little internet business is taking almost all my time. I'm just coming up to one year and traffic is steadily increasing. Have not made my fortune yet! but I can see the potential. I am getting cheques from here and there most months now. My hope is that in a few years time it will add to our income. It is one of these things where you put the work in now and reap the rewards down the track.

Sounds life life, doesn't it!

11 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Hi, Dawn! So glad to see you posting. Happy to hear that you've been on the missing list because you've been busy and not because of some calamity!
Also hope your hubby was able to get on the boat. There's nothing like a little fishing to lift the spirits, right?
And you'll be on my blog roll forever and ever, honest!

Leah J. Utas said...

Dawn, I'm so glad to read you again.
Here's hoping you're greeted with by a happy hubby and big bag of fish tonight.
Of course you'll always have a place of honour on my blog roll.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Great to hear the update, and hope the back injury recovery continues. Glad the surgery helped him, but it must be so frustrating not being back to full activity yet.

Glad the internet business is going well!

Thomma Lyn said...

Hi, Dawn! It's wonderful to see you! I'm glad your hubby is better, and I hope things keep on improving with his foot.

And congratulations on your business doing so well -- how exciting! I wish you every success with it.

And you will be on my blogroll in perpetuity!

Dawn said...

You ladies are the best! Hubby isn't home yet - hope that means he is having a wonderful time.

Reb said...

Dawn, glad your Hubby is feeling a bit better, I sure hope he has some fish for you tonight. Nice to see you back in blogland.

Dawn said...

The fish has landed!

Oops - I mean the husband!

Fried trout for breakfast!

Travis Erwin said...

Welcome Back! And glad he made it into the boat to catch some fish.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Dawn,

Thanks so much for letting us know that things are going well for you. You know how we worry . . . :)

Hugs. Terrie

Ivo Serentha and Friends said...

greetings from Italy, good luck

Marlow

Penelope said...

YOU'RE BACK!!!

I didn't know.

I'm totally excited.

Karen (and Penelope)