Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas




Some of you will be moving into overdrive about now, racing around in a frenzy of buying food, pressies etc, so I wish you a very Merry Christmas now in case I don't see you again before the 25th. And if you don't celebrate Christmas, then have an enjoyable holiday.

A special thank you to everyone who bought a copy of Ripples on the Lake during the year and especially those of you who emailed me to let know how much you enjoyed it. I can't begin to tell you how much pleasure that gave me.

Regular poster, Leah is still in hospital and will be over Christmas but hopefully will be back home by the New Year. Keep her in your thoughts and send her "wellness vibes".

Hubbie and I will be having a quiet day at home. Sometimes we head off to neighbouring towns to celebrate with other members of our family but this year it will be just him and me - and four dogs and four hens - plus all the neighbour's cats who think our little half acre is a paradise and spend more time sleeping in sunny little hidden-away spots than they do at their own home!

Merry Christmas all you lovely people.

15 comments:

Reb said...

A Very Merry Christmas to you and yours! I will pass on your well wishes to Leah this afternoon when I see her. I am sure she would wish you all a Merry Christmas as well.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate.

Four dogs and four hens--coincidence? Or are you preparing for some really interesting cross-breeding experiments?

Have a great holiday!

Travis Erwin said...

Merry Christmas to you as well.

the Bag Lady said...

Merry Christmas, Dawn! Enjoy your quiet holiday at home.

Dawn said...

Reb - Hope that Leah is continuing to do well. What a bummer having to spend Xmas in hospital.

Crabby - At least the hens don't want me to get out of bed in the middle of the night to let them outside!

Travis - Merry Christmas, Travis.

Bag Lady - When you have an idle half hour - check out Site Build It. You were one of the people that I thought it might be ideal for.

That sounds a bit bossy! It is acceptable to NOT WANT an internet business! Merry Christmas.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Merry Christmas, dear friend, and much success in all that you do.

Terrie

the Bag Lady said...

Dawn - thanks for thinking of me...I will check it out! Not sure if I'm computer-competent enough, though...might have to get Reb to look after the web-site side while I do the grunt work in my sweat-shop, hunched over the sewing machine!

Penelope said...

Sadie and I are very jealous-- Karen is forcing us to visit her parents.

I'd much rather hang out at home and watch CNN.

But they do buy gifts . . .

-- P

Thomma Lyn said...

Merry Christmas, Dawn! I hope you have a wonderful holiday. And I wish you all the best in the New Year!

And I'm sorry to hear about Leah -- I hope she gets to come home soon.

Four dogs... my four cats send them purrs! *grin*

Frank Baron said...

Merry Christmas!

Leah J.Utas said...

Dawn - I hope you had a Merry christmas and all the best in 2008.
I was sprung from hospital on Christmas eve and am home eating proper food in proper protions and lazing about.
Thanks for the thoughts and the wellness vibes.

Adrienne said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too my dear!

I have to admit I find it a very strange thought that for you Christmas happens in the summertime. I'm sure for you it is simply as it always has been, but for me, dude, totally blows my mind .. .

Sylvia Dickey Smith said...

Love the cover of Ripples On The Lake! Certainly inticies me to buy a copy!

Syl

Talia Mana said...

Meri Kirihimete and Happy New Year

Daniela & Rafael said...

Hi Dawn
I am having the same issue as you had with your Blog few months ago(email account deleted). How did you restore your Blog? I already sent an request to Blogger help, but I've got nothing so far...
I am desesperated. Any tip would be appreciated.

Thanks
Daniela
rafa.dani@yahoo.com